Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tanis': Season 2

The Tanis'
-----------------------------------------------
Cadoc: Elder Male - Taurus - Popularity - LTW: Become Media Magnate
Bryn: Adult Female - Capricorn - Romance - Become a Rock God
Alun: Teen Male - Taurus - Pleasure - Have 50 Dream Dates


Sunday Bryn, Alun and I went down to the lake to do some fishing. It was a beautiful winter day, but it was pretty cold. Luckily it wasn't cold enough to have frozen the lake yet. It was a great day for us to go fishing






Alun and Bryan started out fishing earlier in the morning.

I hung out and talked to some of the people from the next town over. Apparently they come here to the lake often as well on the weekends to get away.




The first thing Alun caught was an old boot. He was really excited about it though, since it was his first time ever fishing. It was awesome to finally be able to to finally take my grandson fishing.







Bryn on the other hand wasn't able to get the fishing pole together, then couldn't put the bait on. I didn't think she was going to have a very good day.




It was a very quiet day at the lake that day, most of the birds had flown elsewhere to get away from the cold winter weather. Since it was the first Sunday we had been in town I hoped it would stay fairly quiet at the lake all the time. The clam was very enjoyable and I only hoped that the winter didn't make it impossible to fish there again soon.





Then suddenly, as I was standing on the other side of the lake I saw Alun....








He had caught a fish! It was huge. I could see the grin on his face from across the way. Bryn even fell flat on her back when she saw it. I could see the disappointment in her face. She hadn't managed to catch a thing yet.







We met some good friends that day, and the conversation went on and on about sports, the city, music. Bryn really got into that discussion since she was a musician.






The fishing sadly was not that good however, and we only came home with a couple of fish. I'm sure if we keep going we'll all get better. It was a great day outdoors and it helped us to get out of the tension in our own house and enjoy the company of others. The rest of the winter we all stayed mostly indoors with the family just slowly getting used to one another.





Late that winter we had a New Year's Eve party. Father time even came by!








It was Alun's idea, and even though he and Bryn were really tired from school and work they partied on.








Everyone really seemed to enjoy the party. There was cheering and waving. All the neighbors had come by to celebrate with us.






At the very end, Father Time turned into the New Year baby he was just a year ago. After that the party dispersed and everyone returned back to their homes with food in their stomachs and a party in their memories. We all crashed that night and didn't bother to even try and pick up the house.






As the winter wore on, Bryn and I started to grow closer, and even Alun was able to talk more with his mother on a regular basis. We tired to make time to spend together as a family, which was hard between my toy making business, Alun's school work, and Bryn's job and other...activities, but they really helped us grow closer as a family.

Alun really got me into video games, and when I played Bryn he always sat by and cheered me on. I still usually lost, but it was great to have him cheering for me on the side. He'll be leaving for college soon, and I won't be around forever. It will be hard to watch him go, now that I've gotten close to him. If it weren't for the attacks we would have never had this opportunity to get to know one another, and while for so many families, including our own, it meant losing so many loved ones, for us at least.....they were almost a blessing. I was able to finally see my daughter again after all these years, and get to know who she is now in her life. I only wish her mother was here to do the same. While I may never like the life style she has chosen, she is and always will be my daughter. I know for her it's also been a joy to see her son again and get to known him to. So as we watch the winter come to an end I see our family beginning to bloom into what it truly was meant to be.

No comments: