Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tanis': Season 3

The Tanis'
-----------------------------------------------
Cadoc: Elder Male - Taurus - Popularity - LTW: Become Media Magnate
Bryn: Adult Female - Capricorn - Romance - Become a Rock God
Alun: Teen Male - Taurus - Pleasure - Have 50 Dream Dates

The cold hung onto the spring this year and as mom left for work one morning it was still very frosty on the ground. I was happy it was spring, and even more happy that my grandpa Cadoc had made it through the winter. He said he feels great, but I watched as through the winter our neighbors both lost a member of their family.Grandpa Cadoc is the handyman around the house. He fixes most of the things the need fixing. Any time a sink, shower or something like that he's on it. There is an exception to this rule that grandpa Cadoc always says. Unless you know a lot about computers or electronics never try to fix them. Anytime something electronic breaks he calls a repairman. I decided that's pretty good advice.

I still enjoy headed to the "mall" on Saturdays. It's not really a mall, more like a resturant with some weird disco club that no one ever goes too. Maybe someday they'll fix it up and it will be a great club. Until then I come down here to enjoy the hot tubs mostly. There is a clothing store, and a place to get some groceries, but that's about it.

Sunday we took the family day at the lake. Our neighbors were there, and I got to hang out with Aine some. She is a pretty crazy girl, but she loves to dance. I haven't really hung out much with her, she's quite a few years younger than me, but maybe after college we'll get a chance to know each other better.

She is also a pretty good fisher. I'm pretty sure she is going to end up with our other neighbor boy, Beniamin. He's also a couple of years younger than me so I haven't gotten to know them very well either. I do know their whole family though, and his grandma came over to welcome us right after we moved it. Hopefully when we all grow up we can grow closer as we will need each other to make this place grow.

Mom seems to have become rather smitten with another neighbor, Cademon, Aine's uncle. That would be a little weird now that I think about it. If mom and Cademon got together, which isn't very likely, although mom seems to be calming down some, I would be very loosly related to Aine and her family, and if Aine and Beniamin got married that would mean I would suddenly live in a town where everyone is family, if barely, but still. Crazy to think about.
Anyway, I'm not sure how those two really feel about each other. From what I've heard Cademon lives his life much the same way that mom does, but maybe that is good for the two of them. I don't know what to think about that anymore.

One sunny day towards the end of spring I went out to college. I decided to go to Acedemie La Tour and study Literature. From what I've heard, Lainey, my friend who was here from the islands that I met when we first moved here is going to go there too, so hopefully we can live in the same dorms.


So with my son moving off to college I know it's going to be pretty quiet around here for awhile. I'm going to miss him, I'm starting to see that I should have spent more time with him when he was little. His father really did help him become a wonderful young man and I know that my father has enjoyed having him around. I'm doing better in my career right now. Hopefully that will continue and I will be a Rock God in no time.

Summer is almost here and I am so glad that winter is over. I don't like the cold much and even spring was still cold until the end. I think the warm air is better for my father anyway, and it doesn't hurt his bones like the cold does. I guess we'll see how we do with Alun not there to sort of "mediate" between us. I love my father, but we just don't live on the same level, and he just doesn't understand my life, although I'm starting to think I'm understanding more of what he really wanted for me, and why it hurt him so bad when I left.


No comments: